Popular Posts

Sunday 3 July 2011

Where to start, where to start......?

This will be my first ever post, in my first ever blog, and the first time anyone other than a parent or teacher has read what I have written. It is very hard to know where to start, and I'm really not sure how much you are supposed to write for a blog post. I am not worried about writing too little, quite the opposite!

Initially, maybe we could start with today. Today, is my 31st birthday, and I feel this is as good a time as any to embark upon this textual adventure. I have been thinking about doing some writing of some form for a while, but had no direction or experience, and no clue what to write or where to start. Then today, the idea of a blog came to me. I can write about what I know (apparently a good place to start), and see what happens. I can write as much or as little as I want and maybe get some feedback. So this blog will be my baby, for me to nurture and watch grow.

I would like it to be a pleasant place of honesty, peace and self discovery. I will write about what has happened to make me the 31 year old that sits here today, what happens next, how I feel, the things I want out of life now, and food. I will probably write about food, because it is one of my favourite things. This will not be a collection of short stories, or experimental poetry, just my life.

I hope that it is interesting, and that the things I write about might give someone else support if they need it. Not through wisdom, but just through shared experiences and knowing you are not alone. Maybe for some, you will read what I write and recognise parts of yourself, which is either comforting or ghastly!

Please bear with me. There is a lot I want to tell you, and while in it's infancy, this blog may seem a little disorganised, amateur, and disjointed, but I hope that by the time it finds it's feet, and begins life as a toddler, things will smooth out and begin to make sense. I think we will have fun, and a good chat.

So, I welcome you into the living room of my mind (it's shabby chic by design), take a seat, please be nice, and feel free to bring flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment